Sunday, July 15, 2012

Publication Process


Reflect on your process of choosing a publication outlet, writing an article, and submitting that article for review. How did you feel going into that process? How do you feel having done it? Will you do it again?
 As our school assignment asks us to submit an article for publication, my first thought was, "Wow! That is definitely stretching my comfort zone." No sooner did I think that, did I think, "I can do this!" 
The process of choosing the outlet was actually quite fun as I looked through various publication outlets I had previously researched. I went through each one thoroughly, reading their submission process and their content. As I went through each one, I could feel myself narrowing down what I wanted to submit as well. Once I chose what I wanted to submit and to whom I would submit to, the process became matter of fact. I approached this assignment with initial trepidation, and now feel a sense of accomplishment. I will continue to submit articles for publication, recognizing that this is a learning and growing process and with each submission I am challenged and changed. 
I appreciate this being an assignment, because if it were simply a suggestion, I do not think that I would have followed through at this point. Thank you SWIHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment