Friday, June 29, 2012

Inspiration In Daily Life

Inspiration in Daily Life...
   Where do you find your inspiration?
  It seems to me that inspiration is found in all areas of our lives if we look with an open heart. I have found the obvious to be true more often than not. I am an avid reader. I read every day, and often find inspiration in the thoughts and words of others. 
   I find inspiration through listening. Listening to music, listening to the collective sounds of others, listening to words expressed through others, listening to animals, and listening to nature. I find inspiration through sight. Seeing the world around me, watching others, watching animals, and especially watching nature. I find inspiration through smells. The smell of cooking, the smells erupting from a campfire or the gentle wafting of the diffused essence of nature's gift of essential oils, the smell of nature in all its grander. I find inspiration through touch. Touching the world around me, the touch of another's hand or hug, the touch of an animal cuddling, the touch of a child snuggling, or the various textures given as gifts through nature. While all of these bring with them certain inspiration, mostly, I find inspiration in silence. The silence as I experience the art of quieting my surroundings through the focused intention of traveling inward. The silence of quieting my mind seems to bring the most inspiration to me yet. 
    This inspiration gathered from the quieting of my mind allows for the barrage of outside information to quiet down and slowly fade away. As I quiet my mind, and allow the thoughts to find their way to me, inspiration seems to come automatically. Through this inspiration of silence, I am able to express through written words that which I could not express otherwise. The inspiration gathered from a quiet mind seems to allow the thoughts to transform to words and gently transform onto the writing medium in front of me, almost if by the quieting of my mind, the echoes of silence are shouting to be heard. 
  This silent inspiration can be interrupted by conforming to the walls imposed by technique, but when allowed to fully bloom, they are easily molded into the form that allows for their conveying themselves to others. 
  As for now, I listen to the echoes of silence reverberating for all to hear...

No comments:

Post a Comment